The Breast Fellowship
The Breast Fellowship Program at The Breast Institute and The Institute of Aesthetic Surgery & Medicine
The Breast Institute and The Institute of Aesthetic Surgery & Medicine at Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) offer a professional Breast Fellowship Program. Fully trained surgeons who come to NWH to participate in the Fellowship Program obtain specialized training in the full spectrum of breast procedures from diagnosis through treatment of breast masses and reconstructive procedures.
Their fellowship experience includes exposure to aspects of:
- Breast imaging
- Image-guided breast biopsies (X-ray/ultrasound/MRI localizations, stereotactic biopsies)
- Surgical options: the oncological breast surgery in coordination with options for breast reconstruction
- The pre-operative coordination of ancillary treatments, such as nuclear medicine/sentinel node biopsy, and reconstruction
- Post-operative options, such as medical oncology and radiation
- Genetic counseling
- Multidisciplinary surgical planning and the principles of “Aesthetic Oncology,” combining the principles of cancer surgery and aesthetic reconstructive surgery
- Advanced technologies utilized in the management of breast cancer
With an emphasis on incorporating the latest leading-edge technologies into practice, fellows at The Breast Institute at Northern Westchester Hospital gain hands-on experience providing patients with the latest advancements in care.